Sunday 25 May 2014

Current Favourite Bloggers

To go with my current favourite Youtubers I have also been collating a list of my favourite bloggers of the moment. These guys are the ones I most look forward to reading and I am sure you will love them as much as I do.



A Little Opulent is an online magazine that covers just about everything you'd want a lifestyle blog to cover and with such a professional feel. The writing team features blogs I loved prior to finding ALO,  as well as a few faces that have now been added to my blog roll owing to their blogging talents. Well written, well researched and featuring some stunning illustrations, it is a complete joy to read. My favourite post recently was 5 Ways We're Wasting Money (a really refreshing, practical dose of beauty-based reality) and A Fool For Hand Cream (my latest beauty obsession).




Xen's Imagination that made me feel I had to write this post - at the height of my blog crush, I was checking her page daily in the hope she'd update it again. Madness I know. If you're into fashion, you will probably drool as much over her OOTDs as much as I have - always minimally chic, always on point, and almost always featuring stripes (she's my kind of gal in that sense) I have bought more than a few items after being inspired by her lovely photos. I especially loved this outfit and this one. My favourite style blogger I've ever come across.




Man Repeller is a blog that perfectly marries excellent content with brilliant and hilarious writing. There have been several posts that I have really enjoyed, including this one on appropriate outfits for dates (unexpectedly full of life advice to take or leave as you wish) and this one on Breton tops. Ooooosh. There was also a brilliant one about a man repelling pair of jeans that I cannot for the life of me find for you, but brownie points to you if you do manage to find it!





That Grace Girl is the next on my list of favourites, and she gets a special mention because I especially love her photos and layout of her blog. She is also a lipstick fan, and her recent post on My Lips But Better lipsticks was a particular fave: I have written the three products she recommended on my wishlist, as they really do sound wonderful. I also loved her April Style Favourites - hers is a wardrobe I wouldn't mind raiding, that's for sure.




The last of my favourites is The Private Life Of A Girl, whose blog is so minimalistically cool it's crazy (I am aware minimalistically is not a word). Her photos are always amazing to look at and she's actually one of the writers for ALO as well! I love her writing style and found her piece on developing personal style really interesting, and it's worth checking out the other posts in her minimal wardrobe series as well as they are very inspiring. I am also a fan of her post on streamlining your makeup stash. All in all, she's brilliant.



I hope you do check out any of the bloggers I've suggested if you haven't heard of them, and it would be great to hear who your favourites are too of course (and even link your own blog too of course!) I am always on the hunt for more and I am sure this is a series in the making...

No comments

Post a Comment

Just Bananas Makeup. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.