Wednesday 18 June 2014

Guerlain Skincare Additions

Guerlain Super Aqua Review

After a lovely Guerlain facial a few weeks ago, I decided I was going to get some serious hydration in my life. My Clarisonic has sat unused since then as the lovely Shelley, my Guerlain consultant, pointed out my skin was dry as a result of over exfoliation and she also bashed me for using an alcohol based toner (Caudalie Beauty Elixir is also banished from the bathroom).

I decided to treat myself to my two favourite products from the whole, amazing, facial experience and though they were anything but cheap, I'm so glad I did. My mum was the one that said you should spend as much as you can reasonably afford on your skincare, and so it was off to Escentual.com with a discount code I went.

The Super Aqua Serum Light was the most expensive of the two - it was about £87 for 50ml when I bought it but it has now snuck up to £94, but Escentual is a good site to keep an eye on as they tend to have regular, very decent discount codes. Shelley suggested using the non-Light Serum as a moisturiser, which I would have done if I'd realised it was that non-Light one she was referring to and not the Light samples that I was using! As it stands, I will probably end up buying an extra moisturiser as I don't think this is quite rich enough for my skin on its own. This stuff is expensive but it smells beautiful and my skin is really loving it. I hope it lasts me forever so I don't have to repurchase it...

I also bought the Super Aqua Toning Lotion, which provides another bit of moisture after cleansing and smells like the serum (ergo bloody lovely). This is now £31 for 150ml but I am pretty sure it was £27/28 when I bought it, so not the cheapest toner out there but I am so happy with how my skin is looking and feeling.

What luxury skincare are you loving? Or have you got some budget recommendations in your bathroom?

Guerlain Super Aqua Review
Experimental pic of the Super Aqua bits and the cat...


No comments

Post a Comment

Just Bananas Makeup. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.